Shelke has 18 posts
Pathologist/Sleeper Agent

coded by typhoon
word count: ###
tags: ###
outfit: ###
notes: ###

Making Bridges

Sherlock Holmes. Her reason for being here. St Bartholomew's Hopsital wasn't exactly a bad place to be but it wasn't her idea of a good time. Her life was better spent at someone else's side, not alone in the basement. Relegated to the dull corners of the universe, Annaliese had almost forgotten what her life was actually like. This interim period where she was a sleeper just waiting to hear the world 'go' was agonizingly dull. Sure she got to play with chemicals, see pathogens and have access to blood samples and all sorts of interesting things but it just wasn't her. The only reason she had chosen this line of work was for Jim her occasionally camp...lover.

But Molly Hooper didn't have a lover. Sherlock had ruined that as she knew he would. He just couldn't help it. Everything in that man's path was burned away leaving nothing but ash. John had already suffered for it. Mary's death...she didn't actually know if that was them or someone else entirely but she hadn't actually expected it. She should have. As it turns out there was more to Mary than met the eye and if she had a skill set like she suspected she might have had it made perfect sense to remove her from the picture. They didn't need Sherlock teaming up with someone that dangerous. It was bad enough he had John.

Molly pushed the cold lifeless corpse into it's slot and sealed the door shut. She turned picked up her paper work and continued into the office she had. She had notes to do and paperwork to complete. That was another female they had in, drained of all blood. Whoever had done it was rather effective too but she could see they could have done it a little cleaner. it a marker, almost, identifying they had all been killed by the same hand. Stupid really.

She sat straight backed, pen in hand. If no more bodies came in she could go home for the night. Eyes flicking to the clock on the computer she read 01:30. Had it truly been that long? Boy, Molly really did need to get a life.

PM
^
Cameron T Tucker
 Posted: May 7 2014, 10:50 PM
I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.
Shal has 8 posts
Doctor/EMT

I will prevent disease whenever I can
for prevention is preferable to cure

It had been just over a week since Cameron had started her new job as the head of the ER at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, but it had been all go from the moment she had stepped in the door. Though a step down in regards to technical abilities from where she used to stand as a surgeon, Cameron quickly found being responsible for something so chaotic as an emergency response ward had its own fair share of stressful obligations. That being said, after the month’s trial at one of the smaller local hospitals, upon which, she had also happened to stumble across her old room mate John Watson, the blonde had quickly found herself re-adapting to hospital life much to her relief.

Despite this reassuring fact, Cameron still should have been home by this hour, curled up in her chair by the fireplace, book in hand and coffee on the side table. As life would have it however, she had found her plans dashed once again. At about nine-thirty all hell had broken loose upon the dispatch and arrival of an arsenal of ambulances at St Bart’s emergency; There had been a massive collision between a fuel tanker and a double-decker bus downtown, and as a result the doctor had soon found herself with her hands full with not casualties but trying to maintain order in a chaotic mess.

Though there had been several deaths and many close calls, the casualty list at the end of the night had turned out to be quite minimal, something that Cameron had found great relief in. It had however, taken several hours before the whole situation finally had calmed down before Cameron finally found herself able to take a moment to collect her thoughts on the whole evening’s ordeal. Though being surrounded by death was part of the burden a doctor had to carry, for Cameron, it was still a challenging topic in light of the recent events she had gone through.

These thoughts however were soon put on hold as the ping of the elevator signalling its arrival and she began wheeling a gurney with the body of the now passed bus-driver whom had died upon impact during the crash into the lift that would take her down to the morgue. Despite being informed that all the staff in the hospital had been made aware of her arrival last week, she had yet had time to make it down to meet the infamous mortician and pathologist - Molly Hooper. Until now.

Upon the doors opening, Cameron quickly moved forward once more and within the span of the next fifteen seconds soon found herself within the centre of the morgue. Glancing around, she finally noted the brunette mess of hair sitting behind a plated glass window, head in one of her hands, clearly absorbed in her paperwork and unaware of Cameron’s arrival. Leaving the gurney where it was, she made her way over towards the door, rapping her knuckles against the framework, clearing her throat as she spoke in a soft but not unkindly manner. “Molly Hooper? Cameron Tucker, new head of the ER.” She paused for a moment, a small yet tired smile crossing her lips, “ Sorry to bother you as I can see you are wrapping up, but I had to bring down one last body for you to clear before either of us can go home, it shouldn’t take long really, just standard procedure.”

(ooc: -flails- sorry, was having a few brain-farts with this one, hopefully its an alright start! XC)

word count: 559 || tagged: Molly

PMEmail
^
Molly Hooper
 Posted: May 8 2014, 12:27 PM
N/A
Shelke has 18 posts

coded by typhoon
word count: ###
tags: ###
outfit: ###
notes: ###

Making Bridges

One day she would fly. She couldn't wait to spread her wings. She felt so small and cramped in t his role as Molly Agnes Hooper the ever dependable and ultimately gullible mortician who was sorely lacking friends and social occasions. She was so much different from herself. Sometimes she wondered if she wouldn't be better off living an innocuous law abiding life like a good little citizen. That the fates hadn't brought her here not to bring down Sherlock Holmes but to realise she should be living an ordinary life.

Ordinary, she scoffed mentally. Who wanted to be ordinary. It was so...boring. Boooorrrriiiinnnng! rang high in her ears. JIm liked to say it a lot whenever he thought someone was being dull or obvious. He hated obvious people. He would have hated Molly. She was too honest, too plain faced and altogether too good for his tastes. When did she ever commit a crime? The closest Molly came to stealing anything was nicking a packet of chewing gum but having a wobbly about it and leaving the money on the counter randomly the next day when the cashier wasn't looking. She didn't do bad things. bad things might happen to her from time to time like accidentally date a psychopath hell bent on destroying the man she's had a crush on since forever. of course, annaliese thought it altogether unfortunate Molly had to be romantically inclined towards Sherlock Holmes at all. The curly haired git was just...

No no. Thinking about it tended to make her agitated and Molly Hooper didn't get agitated. Annaliese took a deep breath, rolled her neck and settled back down to the paperwork she had been st aring at for the past ten minutes. It was some thirty minutes later and she was getting towards the end that her body slumped forward and her head, heavy like a bowling ball, found its way into her hand. Her thin fingers gripped the pen too tightly as though that could make her write faster and go home quicker. And she did want to go home. She needed some time to stretch out and be herself.

A knock rapped out by knuckles informed her that wouldn't be happening any time soon. Annaliese imagined stabbing her with a dull knife for half a second but the thought was over before it had fully formed. Perhaps later she would think about it for a while, but then again, she'd probably be asleep which was a far more useful consumption of her time right now. Moriarty might never need to sleep, or Holmes but damn she did. Today had been a long one.

Molly smiled wearily. "That's all right," she said. "No rest for the wicked," she then giggled nervously and shook her head. "Not that I'm...wicked...I just...never mind," she trailed off. "You know, you don't have to stay," she said pushing the body into the examination room. "You can always get the results later. Most people do,"

PM
^
Cameron T Tucker
 Posted: Jul 25 2014, 08:06 PM
I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.
Shal has 8 posts
Doctor/EMT

I will prevent disease whenever I can
for prevention is preferable to cure

If there was one thing Molly was right about, it was the fact today had been indeed a very long day, not just for herself but Cameron as well. After being swathed by more patents from the bus crash earlier that evening, there was nothing more then Cameron wanted to do but to go home, have a hot bath and go to bed with a cup of tea. Alas, that was not what was going to happen, not just yet anyway, and as such she had decided to make the most of things by getting to know the mortician: Molly Hooper.

She had heard quite a few things about Molly, quite contrary to what the quiet young woman would have presumed, and most, if all were ones of praise in her ability to get down to the truth of the matter when it came to the deaths of the kadavers she was brought. Despite this praise however, Cameron was well aware about the amount of time such miracles sometimes took, and so she had only deemed it fair for her to stick around for the results considering the woman would be held up because of the examination.

That is not necessary Molly, as I do not see the charity in leaving you to stay later then already needed while I go home to my bed, instead, let me assist you in your work and that way we can both leave in a timely manner. Smiling at the brunette she moved to the other side of the body as she waited patiently for Molly to retrive the gloves and necessary equipment in order for her to do the examination. Cameron suspected it would not take long as it was not like it had been a murder, but none the less, it had to be done.

Once Molly seemed ready, Cameron then pulled out the assessment sheet that had been clipped to a clipboard to the side of the body, fingers grasping a pen, ready to take down the information and save them both some time. It was only a few minutes into the examination when Cameron felt her phone buzz, once, twice and upon the third time she sighed, excuse me for a moment Molly I should probably take this, she said raising an apologetic hand before taking a few steps away before answering.

Hold on, slow down, Sherlock did what?, she sighed audibly, eyes glancing towards Molly whom seemed suddenly extremely interested in the corpse’s right arm before pacing a few more steps away. Calm down John, you don’t ne- rubbing her temples the woman frowned slightly before scratching the back of her head with he spare hand, I recommend you leave the git to his own ends and just get some rest, frankly that was really inappropriate of hi- … Yes I understand he’s always like that, look, sorry but I’m in the morgue at the moment and ye- …. yes with Molly that’s right, alright, I’ll see you for coffee tomorrow John, have a good night.

Sorry about that Molly, a bit of a ….domestic issue with John and Sherlock, honestly, ever since I rekindled this friendship with John its been nothing but the most interesting…stories. Clearing her throat she came back over to the mortician, picking the clipboard up again and glancing towards her. Now, where were we?

word count: 559 || tagged: Molly

PMEmail
^
Molly Hooper
 Posted: Jul 29 2014, 03:06 PM
N/A
Shelke has 18 posts

It had been the longest of days. One thing after the other happened today, like a story that just couldn't end. Maybe someone was keeping her deliberately busy. it would be just like Jim to decide she needed something to do. For all she knew there was something in here that required...removing, but she was usually alerted if such a corpse was coming in. If she removed all traces from every body it would be suspicious. Honest reports were required for the majority of her patients. Bad people were about, and they had to be caught, especially if it was someone who was getting in Moriarty's way. Sometimes people thought they could steal his crown. They never lived to regret it.

Hm. They never did find Irene Adler. They suspected Holmes may have had something to do with that.

Molly stared at the woman. She wanted to stay? She was offering to stay? And help? She didn't know what to make of this. No one wanted to hang around bodies whose lives had lead them. Most doctors were too aware they were once living breathing people, who had hearts and minds and people who loved them. Molly preferred her patients to be dead because they couldn't answer her back or judge her. Annaliese liked it because she was twisted that way, and for much the same reason. People were weird, and whiny, and they cried a lot when they were sick.

"It's rather boring work," she said after a long moment, getting behind the gourney and pushing it into the lab. One of the wheels squeaked. She gritted her teeth in the effort to correct its slight squint. "I'll get started right away, but I have reports to complete. You really don't need to stay," she insisted. She didn't really want her around, that is, until she was phoned about Sherlock and his antics.

"He doesn't do things from beginning to end, he's...very...dynamic," Molly smiled fondly before remembering herself and busied herself with her work. "Driving John nuts again? He'll end up having drinks with Greg," she commented.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

static affiliates

RPG-D Time, Space, & Chips
scrolling affiliates

skinned exclusively for sherlocked by lauz.
TOGGLE CONTENT